Arizona Special Projects Manager
Who We Are:
All Voting is Local (AVL) launched in 2018 with a vision to build a democracy that works for us ALL. We fight to dismantle barriers to the ballot well before the next election, so that every voter can cast a ballot that counts.
About the Role:
All Voting is Local seeks an organizer for a campaign to defend and expand access to the ballot by identifying and fighting voter suppression at the local level. The Special Projects Manager will be responsible for engaging in direct community outreach in support of All Voting is Local’s mission in Arizona. The Special Projects Manager will report to All Voting is Local’s Arizona State Director.
This role is considered a temporary, full-time role ending on January 31, 2023. We are open to considering candidates who prefer to operate as a consultant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the development and implementation of campaigns to educate and activate supporters, coalition partners, and other stakeholders in support of election reform and voter education in Arizona.
- Works with the existing network of voting rights organizations to train and deploy volunteers in support of campaigns.
- Identifies and develops opportunities to further engage and mobilize the community on voting rights.
- Represents the All Voting is Local team at coalition, governmental, and stakeholder meetings.
What You Will Bring:
- A minimum of three years of organizing/campaign experience, preferably in an area related to voting.
- Demonstrated experience in thinking creatively, finding solutions, and thriving in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage assignments and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Strong training experience, planning and organizational skills, and interpersonal abilities.
- Experience with commonly used progressive advocacy and social media platforms, as well as other project management and communication systems, including but not limited to Hustle, VAN, Slack, and Teamwork.
- Experience and understanding of the political/advocacy environment in Arizona is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Reports to: Arizona State Director
What We Offer:
We offer employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range: $86,777 – $91,170
Location: This position is currently 100% remote, but the Special Projects Manager will be expected to live within Arizona, and the position may require travel or in-person engagement at a later date.
To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume and a cover letter stating why you are applying to All Voting and how this role fits in with your aspirations.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
All Voting is Local is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.