Who We Are:
All Voting is Local (AVL) launched in 2018 with a vision to build a democracy that works for us ALL. We fight to dismantle barriers to the ballot well before the next election, so that every voter can cast a ballot that counts.
About the Role:
AVL seeks a Co-Director of States to serve as one of two leaders of our state-based work, guiding strategy and advising on the development of programming in four out of eight states in which All Voting is Local has staff on the ground. (States to be determined based on the candidate’s expertise and background.) The Co-Director will oversee, guide, and advise four state directors on strategy and programming and connecting national resources with state-based activities. The Co-Director will also provide budget oversight for each state and coordinate with the other Co-Director to ensure strategic and operational alignment across states. The Co-Director reports to the Managing Director for Campaigns and Strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise four state directors (remote staff) and regularly coordinate with the other Co-Director of State Campaigns
- Develop cross-state strategy and supports state teams in development of annual and multi-year strategic planning that aligns with campaign-wide goals, across four of All Voting is Local’s eight states
- Ensure that state teams are meeting goals and metrics – monthly, by quarter and annually
- Oversee the campaign’s state-based infrastructure, including budget and operational needs, coordinating with Managing Directors and Chief of Staff to ensure appropriate prioritization of resources for state-based work
- Identify strategic shifts that require a response from national leadership and lead cross-state projects that can be scaled across target states
- Support state directors in hiring, onboarding and managing state-based staff (each state has 3-4 total staff)
- Working with the Managing Director for Campaigns and Strategies, collaborate with other departments (Data, Communications, Operations) to resource and support state teams
What You Will Bring:
- A minimum of 9 years of experience in politics, organizing, campaigns, voting rights, or civil rights coalition work
- Strong supervisory and project management experience
- Ability to lead multiple projects and balance competing priorities while meeting tight deadlines
- Experience mentoring, cultivating and developing young professionals
- A self-starter and team player with sound judgment who answer the challenge and thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
Reports to: Managing Director for Campaigns and Strategy
What We Offer:
The Organization offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range– $113,535 – $133,257
Location – This position is currently 100% remote, but candidates living in the Washington, DC area may be asked to return to work in person based on the office’s reopening.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter stating why you are applying to AVL and how this role fits in with your aspirations.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
All Voting is Local is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.