Who We Are:
All Voting is Local launched in 2018 with a vision to build a democracy that works for us ALL. We fight to dismantle barriers to the ballot well before the next election, so that every voter can cast a ballot that counts. For more information about All Voting, please visit www.allvotingislocal.org.
About the Role:
All Voting is Local seeks a Data Analyst who will be responsible for general data analysis, data acquisition, data governance, report building/dashboarding, and research in support of the data team’s work program. This position will work to support internal stakeholders to meet their organizational objectives. Success in this role depends on creative problem-solving and analytical skills. This position will require working closely with the Managing Director for Data and Research, other data team members, and members of the National and State teams.
This role is considered a temporary, full-time role ending on January 31, 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with colleagues to gather stakeholder needs and translate them into project requirements.
- Identify and acquire data from primary and secondary sources.
- Create, configure, and deploy tables within existing databases.
- Author and edit dashboards for internal release to support the overall work program.
- Facilitate discussions on the design, development, and implementation of data projects.
- Store and document data and processes per organizational standards.
- Provide ad hoc demographic and voting analysis as needed.
What You Will Bring:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform this job successfully.
- Demonstrated fluency in SQL for queries (TSQL, MYSQL, PostGres).
- Experience with R for statistical analyses.
- Knowledge of elections, electoral data, government data, and GIS.
- Reasoning and mathematical skills to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Exposure to version control using GitHub.
- Ability to effectively communicate data to a broad range of audiences.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related academic discipline; MBA or M.S. in information technology preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience working with creating analytics tools within a data platform in a professional environment.
Reports to: Managing Director of Data & Research
What We Offer:
The Organization offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range: $70,386 – 73,950
Location: This position is currently remote. Staff residing in the D.C. area may be asked to return to an office at a later date, in accordance with health policies as determined by AVL.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter stating why you are applying to All Voting and how this role fits in with your aspirations.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
All Voting is Local is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.