Who We Are:
All Voting is Local (AVL) launched in 2018 with a vision to build a democracy that works for us ALL. We fight to dismantle barriers to the ballot well before the next election, so that every voter can cast a ballot that counts. For more information about AVL, please visit www.allvotingislocal.org.
About the Role:
AVL seeks a Digital Communications Associate for its campaign to defend and expand access to the ballot by identifying and fighting voter suppression at the local level. Reporting to the Digital Communications Manager, the Associate will be responsible for developing and executing innovative work to promote online engagement.
What You Will Do:
The Associate will execute on the following responsibilities.
- Manage, create and execute impactful digital content – both proactive and reactive – on all AVL social media platforms, website and email and text subscriber lists.
- Works closely with the communications team to ensure content and program are aligned with the campaign’s communications, and policy objectives while supporting organization’s larger goals
- Implement AVL’s digital messaging and ensure consistency and tone on all platforms
- Analyze and optimize digital metrics to achieve successful campaigns
- Identify digital communications opportunities to amplify the organization’s mission and initiatives, while also maintaining a successful and proactive digital strategy.
- Special projects, as needed
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum of 2+ years of professional experience
- Knowledge of industry best practices and proficiency with digital strategy programs, and tools including: social media schedulers such as Sprout Social, HootSuite, Buffer, AgoraPulse, or TweetDeck; website CMS platforms such as WordPress, SquareSpace, Wix and CRM softwares such as EveryAction. Capitol Canary, NationBuilder.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects to successful completion, and work in a fast-paced, remote work environment.
- Interest in and general knowledge of voting rights issues or elections, programs, and constituencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
What We Offer:
The Organizations offer its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Location – This position is currently remote. Staff residing in the DC area may be asked to return to an office at a later date, in accordance with health policies as determined by AVL.
Salary Range – $57,754 – $59,846
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter stating why you are applying to AVL and how this role fits in with your aspirations.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
All Voting is Local is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.