Who We Are:
All Voting is Local (AVL) launched in 2018 with a vision to build a democracy that works for us ALL. We fight to dismantle barriers to the ballot well before the next election, so that every voter can cast a ballot that counts. For more information about AVL, please visit www.allvotingislocal.org.
About the Role:
AVL seeks a Special Projects Director who will be responsible for the development and implementation of an organizing and mobilization program that effectuates All Voting is Local’s mission in Pennsylvania with a particular focus on building power at the county level. The person hired for this role will be focused on identifying opportunities to expand the freedom to vote at the county and state level, fighting election sabotage and misinformation, and building organizing infrastructure and power with state partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on stakeholder and surrogate outreach and coordination across the Commonwealth, in service of priorities of the AVL-PA program. This includes identifying and coordinating with people to speak in support of AVL issues, preparing all necessary briefing materials and talking points, and coordinating conversations with elections officials at the direction of the AVL state director in Pennsylvania. Surrogates could be local, state or national.
- Engage and coordinate advocates and volunteers on the ground, to support and expand the capacity of the existing voting rights community. This would include leading trainings on advocacy and voter education in support of election administration reform and voter education.
- Participate in director-level meetings with the AVL team.
- Help set the priorities for the state team on a monthly and annual basis by constantly conducting landscape analysis to identify threats to elections.
- Maintain and grow grasstops relationships in the state and with national partners.
- Plan and set strategy for executing on mobilization opportunities.
- Work with PA staff and county election administration groups to set long term planning, goal setting, and strategy.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 6+ years experience with organizing or campaigning.
- Holds relationships with grassroots leaders in Pennsylvania.
- Demonstrated skill working with and building issue based coalitions
- Familiarity with PA election systems, needs and issues.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Thinks creatively and find solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Demonstrated ability to work with communities of color in an advocacy setting.
Reports to: Pennsylvania State Director
What We Offer:
The Organization offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range– $113,535 – $133,257
Location – This position is currently 100% remote, but the Special Projects Director will be expected to live within Pennsylvania and the position may require travel or in-person engagement at a later date.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter stating why you are applying to AVL and how this role fits in with your aspirations.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
All Voting is Local is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.