Who We Are:
All Voting is Local (All Voting) launched in 2018 with a vision to build a democracy that works for us ALL. We fight to dismantle barriers to the ballot well before the next election, so that every voter can cast a ballot that counts.
About the Role:
AVL seeks a State Director who will be responsible for the development and implementation of a program that effectuates All Voting is Local’s mission in Wisconsin.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the existing network of voting rights organizations in your state and nationally, develop and implement effective strategies to expand access to the ballot and protect vote-counting and certification.
- Serve as a Steering Committee leader of the Wisconsin Voting Rights Coalition.
- Represent All Voting is Local within the civil rights community in Wisconsin and to the media.
- Build relationships with state and local election officials and other key decision-makers in how our elections are run.
- Engage and coordinate with membership-based and mobilization partners, to support and expand the capacity of the existing voting rights community to advocate for voting reforms and against needless and discriminatory obstacles to voting, particularly at the local level.
- Track changes to election administration in key areas and develop an assessment of the implications of these changes, particularly for historically disenfranchised communities.
- Support the development of national and cross-state strategies to protect the right to vote.
- Manage a team of two staff, including a state campaign manager and grassroots manager.
- Work with All Voting’s data team to ensure that strategy is data-driven and metrics oriented.
- Work with All Voting’s communications team to develop communications strategy and incorporate effective messaging into strategy.
What You Will Bring:
- 6+ years experience with political, organizing, or campaigning and 2+ years of experience managing staff. Bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required).
- Existing relationships with grassroots and community leaders in Wisconsin.
- Demonstrated skill working with and building issue-based coalitions and campaigns.
- Familiarity with Wisconsin’s election systems, needs, and issues.
- Ability to think creatively and find solutions.
- A team player, with sound judgment, who thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment, is a self-starter, can manage time efficiently, is flexible, and enjoys a good challenge.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Demonstrated ability to work with communities of color in an advocacy setting.
Reports to: Co-Director of States
What We Offer:
We offer employees a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, and generous personal leave and vacation time. Employees can also take advantage of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and a retirement savings account.
Salary Range: $113,535 – $133,257
Location: This position is currently 100% remote, but the State Director will be expected to live in Wisconsin, and the position does require travel and in-person engagement.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter stating why you are applying to All Voting and how this role fits in with your aspirations.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
All Voting is Local is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.