Nevada Voting Deadlines
Election Day: November 3, 2020
Last day to register to vote (mail): Postmarked by Oct. 6, 2020
Last day to register to vote (in person): October 6, 2020
Last day to register to vote (online): October 29, 2020
In-person, same day registration is also available during early voting and on Election Day. To register in person, you must bring a valid Nevada driver’s license or ID with proof of residency.
Must vote in person if you register: October 16-29
Last day to request a replacement mail-in ballot for ballots that have been lost or damaged: October 27, 2020
Last day to turn in vote by mail ballot: November 3, 2020. Must be postmarked or dropped off on by 7pm.
How do you register to vote or check your registration status?
- Online at RegistertovoteNV.gov
- At your county’s supervisor of elections office
- By mailing in a completed voter registration application
How to Return Your Absentee Ballot
- Your mailed ballot must either be dropped off at or postmarked by November 3, but you should return it as soon as possible.
- You can mail in your completed ballot or you can drop it off. Go to any voting location in your county, skip the voting line, and head to the check-in area where you will find the ballot collection box. You can also drop off your mailed ballot at an official ballot drop box. Visit Nevada Secretary of State website to learn more where to return your mailed ballot.
- Ballot drop-off locations are open during early voting and on Election Day. There are also a limited number of drop-off opportunities open on November 2 at the following locations:
Washoe Registrar Office Washoe County
1001 E. Ninth Street
Reno, NV 89512
Open: 8am – 5pm
Clark County Election Department
965 Trade Dr.
North Las Vegas, NV
Voting by Mail
- Voting by mail, voting absentee, voting from home, all mean the same thing: your ballot will be mailed directly to you. It is your right.
- Voting by mail is safe and secure.
- All active, registered Nevada voters will automatically receive a vote-by-mail ballot.
- Once you receive a mailed ballot, return it as soon as you can!
In Person Voting
- You can vote early, in-person at an early voting location from October 17 to October 30. Find your polling place here.
- If you vote on Election Day, November 3, 2020, plan to vote at your polling location between 7am and 7pm
- If you plan to register to vote during early voting or on Election Day, you must bring a valid Nevada driver’s license or ID with proof of residency.
- Be sure to bring your mask when you vote.
Register, request a mail-in ballot, find your polling place, and more:
or call 1-866-OUR-VOTE (english)