Ohio Voting Deadlines
Election Day: November 3, 2020
Last day to register to vote: Oct. 5, 2020 (in person, online only and postmarked).
Last day to request a mail-in ballot: October 31, 2020 at 5pm
Last day for the County Board to receive your early ballot by mail be received: November 3, 2020 at 8pm
Last day to vote early at your clerk’s office: November 2, 2020. Dates and times may vary based on where you live.
Election Day Voting
Your ballot must be received by the Board of Elections: by 7:30p.m on Election Day if delivered in person by the elector or a close family member; OR postmarked by the post office by the day before Election Day and received by the Board of Elections no later than 10 days after the election if sent by U.S. Mail.
How do you register to vote or check your registration status?
- Online, at voterlookup.ohiosos.gov
- At your city, township, or county clerk’s office
- At your county Board of Elections
- By mailing in a completed voter registration application
How to Return Your Absentee Ballot
- Submit your ballot at a designated drop box
- Submit your ballot at your county board of elections office
- Vote in person at an early voting location
- Curbside voting at your county board of elections offices in your county
- Find out more information at here.
Voting by Mail
- Voting by mail, voting absentee, voting from home, all mean the same thing: your ballot will be mailed directly to you. It is your right.
- Voting by mail is safe and secure.
- You have to fill out an absentee ballot application to receive a mailed ballot. Once your application is received, your ballot will be mailed to you.
- Once you receive a mailed ballot, return it as soon as you can!
In Person Voting
You can vote early in-person at your County Board of Elections.
If you vote on Election Day, November
3, 2020, plan to vote at your polling location between 6:30 am and 7:30 pm
Be sure to wear your mask. If you do not have your ID with your address on it, you can bring a Military ID, Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Government Check, Paycheck, Other Government Document. Check the www.ohiosos.gov to verify.
Register, request a mail-in ballot, find your polling place, and more:
or call 1-866-OUR-VOTE