PRESS CALL: Voting Rights Leaders to Assess Pennsylvania’s Handling of June 2 Primary
PHILADELPHIA – Leading civil rights organizations will host a telephone press briefing on June 4, 2020 at 2:30 p.m. ET to evaluate Pennsylvania officials’ performance during the primary election this week. The groups will assess how officials executed on the election with two additional months to prepare, including how they informed voters about last-minute changes to polling places and voting by mail amid the COVID-19 pandemic and growing protests which led to reduced public transportation accessibility and militarized police presence. The Pennsylvania primary election was largely seen as a dress rehearsal for the November general election and while these are unprecedented times, Pennsylvania’s elected officials fell short of fulfilling their obligations to voters.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN: Thursday, June 4 at 2:30 p.m. ET
- Vanita Gupta, president and CEO, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Erin Kramer, executive director, One Pennsylvani
- Scott Seeborg, Pennsylvania state director, All Voting is Local
- Susana Almeida, interim director, Common Cause Pennsylvania
- Imani Barbarin, director of communications and outreach, Disability Rights PA
- Ivan Garcia, civic engagement director, Make the Road Pennsylvania
- Sara Mullen, advocacy and policy director, ACLU of Pennsylvania
DIAL-IN INFORMATION: 888-896-0862; 49731646