Voting Rights Activists Invite Voters to Cast Ballots at New Early Voting Site in Lake Nona
ORLANDO, Fla. — All Voting is Local and partners will hold a community event at Valencia College’s Lake Nona campus to kick off the first day of early voting for Florida’s August 23 primary.
The new early voting site will be open for the first time since the presidential preference primary in 2020. That’s a notable addition for Orange County, where most voters prefer to vote early. More than 40 percent of Orange County voters voted early in the General Election of 2020, compared to just 17 percent who voted on Election Day.
The group of voting rights advocates will invite voters to join them in casting their in-person votes or dropping off their ballots.
What: Early voting at Valencia College’s Lake Nona Campus
When: Monday, August 8 at 11 a.m. ET
Overflow Parking Area
Valencia College’s Lake Nona Campus
12350 Narcoossee Road
Orlando, FL 32832
- Laudi Campo, Florida State Director at Hispanic Federation
- Kristin Fulwylie-Thomas, Managing Director at Equal Ground
- Sue Gilman, Board Member at League of Women Voters of Orange County
- Krizia Lopez-Arce, Communications Manager at Chispa FL
- Ricardo J. Negron-Almodovar, Florida Campaign Manager for All Voting is Local
- Cristina Robinson, Chief of Staff at Alianza for Progress