Georgia Voting Deadlines
Election Day: November 3, 2020
Last day to register to vote: October 5, 2020
Early voting begins: October 12, 2020
Saturday voting (one day only): October 24, 2020
Last day to request a mail-in ballot: October 30, 2020 at 5pm
Last day to vote early: October 30, 2020
Last day your county office will accept your absentee ballot: November 3, 2020 at 7pm
How do you register to vote or check your registration status?
- Online, at mvp.sos.ga.gov
- At your county elections office
- By mailing in a completed voter registration application to your county elections office
How to Return Your Absentee Ballot
- Your ballot must be received by your county’s elections office by 7 pm on Election Day (November 3).
- You can either return your ballot in-person at an approved drop box in your county, in-person at your county’s elections office, or by mail. If you choose to return your ballot by mail, please note that it must be received by Election Day, not postmarked.
- To track the status of your absentee ballot, please visit https://georgia.ballottrax.net/
Voting by Mail
- Voting by mail, voting absentee, voting from home, all mean the same thing: your ballot will be mailed directly to you. It is your right. You can return your ballot by mail, dropbox, or in-person. Check with your local county elections office for acceptable return options.
- Voting by mail is safe, convenient, and reliable.
- You have to fill out an absentee ballot application to receive your ballot by mail. Once your application is received, your ballot will be mailed to you. You can return your application via email, mail, or in person.
- Once you receive a ballot, return it as soon as you can!
In Person Voting
- You can vote early in-person from October 12 – October 30 at any early voting site in your county.
- You can vote on Election Day, November 3, 2020, at your polling place between 7am and 7pm.
- Follow public health guidelines and wear a face covering to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Bring government issued photo ID, such as GA driver’s license (even if expired), GA Voter ID card, valid government employee ID, valid US Passport, or valid military ID. See more details here.
Register, request a mail-in ballot, find your polling place, and more: